Monday, August 8, 2011

The good, the bad and the Little People....

Man I really suck at this lol.  Once again it's been forever since I've blogged.  Life has been great, interesting, rough and awakening all at once lately.  Orion has hit the terrible two stage a bit early it seems lol...however, watching him grow and develop and see how smart he is is so fascinating.  He has a new obsession with little people toys.  He has about 7 or 8 of them and always has one in each hand.  He does this thing where he lines all of them up on objects like the couch or on random toys and he always puts them in a straight row facing him lol.  Then he will talk to them walking back and forth with his hands gripped behind his back or with one hand knife chopping the air like he is trying to get his point across...almost like he is a business man giving a meeting lol.  He is very serious let me tell you.  It seems genius to me but I am his mom so I am easily amazed by him.   On the other hand...when he decides to turn towards the dark side lol...he definitely has my temper and patience (poor kid).  He has begun throwing mini tantrums when he doesn't get his way.  I don't tolerate them and put him in what I call a "toddler time out"  where I sit him down and hold him there for a few seconds until he realizes that he is being ridiculous.  It doesn't take him long thank goodness.  He gets over things pretty quickly.

OH and we are done with the two nap times.  I must admit I am very lucky he lasted as long as he did.  So from now on it's one nap a day and a lot more packed in to less time.  But, it leaves more room to take him places which is nice.

As for me, I am making lots of changes.  Positive ones.  I have been going to the gym a lot more...trying to get in better shape and be strong  and quick enough to keep up with this little ball of energy.  Also I  am making a bunch of changes preparing for a re-launch of my photography business  since I never really made a successful move from Jacksonville to Clayton.  I am starting it all over.  It's taking a lot of work and a lot of time...but when it's ready it will all be worth it.  I decided to make the change when I realized that I stopped having the amazing love for it that I used to.  I was so worried that we didn't have that extra income anymore that all it did was stress me out and that really clouds things.  I am back to doing it because I love it...and I am working hard on things I need to do and hoping it will all fall into place.  No stressing anymore...just doing what I love.

Tony is working nights this month which has been good and bad....I miss him of course but it allows me to leave Orion during his nap time (when they are both sleeping) and have some ME time.  That is usually when I go work out or just have some quiet time to myself.  I definitely love that part.  Speaking of that....it's about that time right now...so off I go :D.



No comments:

Post a Comment